Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Its No "Secret"...

I don't have to tell you that I'm extremely excited about seeing Madonna's new documentary "I'm Going To Tell You A Secret" this Friday at 10 PM on MTV (they're actually showing it without commercials). It is supposed to be very much like "Truth or Dare". The early reviews from her fans are (as expected) excellent. While I'm not interested in being informed about Kabbalah, I do know it is a part of the film. What I'm most excited about is seeing the whole creative process behind the tour (which she didn't show in ToD) and Madonna as a mother.

We're covering Robert Browning this week in class and I found this passage from his poem "Cleon" which I feel has a lot of relevance to my last post.

Thou leavest much behind, while I leave naught.
Thy life stays in the poems men shall sing,
The pictures men shall study: while my life,
Complete and whole now in its power and joy,
Dies altogether and my brain and arm,
Is lost indeed: since what survives myself?

No comments: